❈ About ✾
Not professional, but passionate
Free services can be good, but are never perfect. From my.opera.com to blogger.com, there are always things I wished they can do but sadly they can't. Therefore, in November 2014, I was very pleased to eventually finish up building this site on my own. However, no one wants a "static" website, tasks related to database, scripts, HTML templates, and CSS are always the first class demands. DIY is fun and full of possibilities, although it could be tough sometimes. I indeed enjoyed it.
I hesitated a little bit right before set up the server, on whether I should get another domain. But I didn't. Not my idea, but I love the way how the current domain spells: pocchong.de, thanks to KOKIA and her "Song of Pocchong ～雫の唄～". Amazingly, my site title was also got connected to the domain smoothly. "音 (oto)" is sound, tune, or a song; "時雨 (shigure)" is light rain, drizzle, or fine drops. I don't remember whether I chose "pocchong" in this sense, but as a result I'm pleased. However, I didn't have specific intention to use a ".de"--simply because it looks good being after "pocchong", with a few other reasons: ".net/.com" are not fun, ".jp" is ridiculously expensive, and ".ca" looks like an online shop.
→ I wrote everything (scripts, css, html templates) from scratch, because I don't want to be harassed by the user manual from wordpress or anything similar. I'm so glad I know how to use these:
→ And finally, a free and unlimited image host will just be much much better than spending time with your FTP client or install a gallery plugin or whatever:
- Google Photos. However, if you can't see my images, blame your country's firewall.
- 2006/08/06: initial launch on my.opera.com
- 2010/06/12: host moved to google blogger
- 2010/08/06: domain binding → pocchong.de
- 2014/07/11~07/27: Reconstruction I: building the main frame
- 2014/09/05~10/10: Reconstruction II: debugging & optimisation
- 2014/10/31~11/09: Reconstruction III: transplantation (thanks my
zombie friendtechnician for hosting~)
- 2014/11/13~11/21: Reconstruction IV: fine-tuning
- 2014/11/22~11/23: Reconstruction V: finish-up
- 2017/02/17~03/17: Reincarnation with a new set of CGI codes
- 2017/08/02: Switched from MySQL to the lighter SQLite